EnergyVille a collaboration between the Belgian research partners KU Leuven, VITO, imec and UHasselt in the fields of sustainable energy and intelligent energy systems, located in Genk.
One of the research groups is ‘Energy Markets’ which covers electricity and multi-carrier market design, modelling and regulation. Specific applications are the integration of flexibility from the distribution system.
Within the EnergyVille software implementation team we are looking for an all-round software engineer for the development and maintenance of our in-house state-of-the-art energy market and system models. The EnergyVille Market Simulation Environment is a framework for market simulation, allowing to assess the overall system impact of new flexibility products, market design options and coordination models between system operators.
These models are developed in Python across different applied research projects.
- You make sure that the architecture, implementation, software test specifications and procedures match the technical and functional requirements of projects and services.
- You actively help developing the in-house energy market and system models together with your colleagues.
- You coach colleagues in software tasks and techniques related to model development.
- You align software development and deployment principles with other colleagues from the software implementation team.
- You coordinate the expansion of the in-house developed models and keep an overview of development priorities.
- Together with management, knowledge domain responsible and business responsible, you define priorities and a strategic development plan for the modelling tools.
- You hold a master’s degree in computer science or data science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or a relevant similar education in combination with at least 5 years work experience in professional software development.
- You have an interest in and are eager to build up, domain specific knowledge on renewable energy systems, energy markets and the changes within these fields.
- You are proficient in Python programming language and use principles from object-oriented programming.
- Software development processes (e.g., agile/scrum) and tools like version control/testing/deployment tools are part of your routine.
- You have basic experience in managing software projects.
Apart from that, you are accurate in your work, with attention for detail. Have knowledge of and/or experience within the energy sector. Are fluent in Dutch or French and eager to learn. Being familiar with market-based integration of distribution system flexibility and modelling market participant behavior is regarded as an advantage.
- We offer you a challenging job in which you will be a key player to develop state-of-the-art energy market and system models
- If you are tired of frequent commuting, you have come to the right place. We work 'activity based', our activities take us to our location. Part-time remote working from home, our offices in Genk, or working from a satellite office in Mol, Antwerp-Berchem, Ghent or Ostend is one of the possibilities.
- A front row seat to witness the development of technical solutions for a sustainable world
- You will be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits including allowances, insurances and a modular holiday package
- A team of fun colleagues, experts in their field, who will guide, support and interact with you
- Innovation is our trump card, so it goes without saying that we offer our employees the opportunity to follow additional training courses and to stay up-to-date in their field of expertise