EnergyVille is a collaboration between the Belgian research partners KU Leuven, VITO, imec and UHasselt in the fields of sustainable energy and intelligent energy systems.
For EnergyVille, VITO is looking for a driven Software Architect/Developer to strengthen the research group Algorithms, Models, and Optimization (AMO). Our researchers and developers focus on discovering, leveraging, and valorizing flexibility in energy supply and demand as a key to increasing the use of renewable energy sources. They develop and implement advanced, data- and model-driven control algorithms and software systems for energy devices, energy management systems, and energy markets. More information: www.energyville.be
Interested to contribute? Read on!
- You work in a team of researchers advancing mathematical, model based, decentralized, and/or data driven techniques that enable a higher share of renewables and developing novel solutions for the practical challenges within the energy infrastructure. You contribute actively to the team with your software development and software architecture expertise and overall resourcefulness.
- You interface with researchers in the domains of electrical grids, electrical storage, thermal energy systems, energy markets, e-mobility, etc., and provide performant and practical solutions for their challenges.
- You interact with internal and external software development partners, and from your expertise are capable of challenging and negotiating the proposed solutions.
- You, together with your colleagues, coach and assist researchers in the definition of software requirements, software processes and work out solutions that comply with their needs.
- You translate requirements into a good software architecture, taking into account scalability, security, stability, flexibility, and cost.
- You explain, advice on and defend the defined solutions as well as long term strategies to team and project leaders, advisory board members, and upper management.
- You aid in the development of Cloud and/or on-premise solutions together with software developers and infrastructure engineers.
- You continuously learn and improve your skills in software development, software architecture and IT and are open to learn more on the neighboring energy domains. You actively explore novel technologies and frameworks.
- You communicate smoothly with technical and non-technical people in English, both orally and in writing.
- For the future you are interested in taking up a team lead role
Meer info: https://jobs.vito.be/l/nl/o/software-architect-solution-developer?sourc…
- You hold a Master’s degree in computer science or data science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or a relevant similar education; or a Bachelor’s degree in combination with 5- 10 years work experience in professional software development and a minimum of 2 years in software architecture.
- Experience in Python, as well as a good knowledge and overview of the Python packages.
- Proficient with team based software development processes (e.g. agile/scrum) and version control/testing/deployment tools (e.g., Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Azure DevOps).
- Knowledge of database design and performance optimization.
- Knowledge of cost structure of cloud services and able to translate this into budget proposals.
- You have experience as IT project manager.
- Knowledge on Security by design, data protection, and GDPR aspects
- Pragmatic with an eye for detail and quality
- Open minded, solution-oriented, sense of initiative
- A strong interest in sustainable energy, the energy system, and energy transition related topics is a plus.
- Knowledge of Data science and machine learning is a plus
- Knowledge on software containerization eg. Docker is a plus.
- The opportunity to work activity-related: your activities determine your workplace. You are expected to work at least 2 days per week at our office in EnergyVille, Genk. Besides this, VITO offers you also to work from home or from other VITO locations (Mol, Berchem, Ghent, Ostend), depending on the needs of the activities and your team.
- An attractive salary package supplemented with extra-legal benefits such as allowances, insurances and a modular holiday package.
- A great deal of freedom and flexibility in your job, allowing you to achieve an attractive work-life balance.
- Innovation is our core value, we give our employees the opportunity to train themselves and stay up-to-date within their field of expertise, and we expect them to.