VITO is a vibrant pioneering research and technology business in the Battery Energy Storage and Electrical Systems sector. We are a highly experienced team in the domain of battery technologies including fast-growing lithium-ion batteries for mobile/EV and stationary/Grid applications. Our team’s activities cover cutting-edge technologies evolutions, such as battery energy storage systems, renewable systems, electrification of heating, transport & industrial equipment, and also the further improvement of the energy efficiency of engineering applications.
As a senior R&D engineer, you are the technical lead of the team, responsible for new system architectures and, together with the team, you will develop innovative concepts that optimize the consumption and integration of electrical storage systems. You ensure that the concepts and solutions are tested in real-time and that the necessary power electronics, electrical components and sub-systems are appropriately designed. If you are enthusiast to set benchmarks for this role within Vito/EnergyVille Genk, then you are our new colleague!
- You are the hands-on specialist in applied research and development of BMS (Battery Management Systems) and BESS (Battery Energy Storage Systems).
- You are the technical manager and the creative brain of a small, flexible and efficient project team.
- You drive the technical team and you are a point of contact for technical advice to the team.
- You are responsible for discovering and understanding customer needs and problems.
- You maintain and expand your broad and in-depth knowledge on BMS applications and their components towards innovative and robust designs and solutions.
- You create and own new system architectures while aligning closely with the design team throughout the design cycle.
- With support of the implementation team, you are responsible for the design, development, testing and benchmarking innovative prototypes of power electronics, electrotechnical components and the relatable sub-systems.
- You support the embedded software team in validation of the high-level models, algorithms and codes, particularly battery charge status, cell balancing and battery health.
- You report both internally and externally to our customers.
- You ensure the appropriate protection of your inventions by means of patents and licensable designs or other intellectual properties. After such protection is secured, you would present results on national and international forums.
- You have a Master's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, preferably specialized in Energy and/or Battery systems
- You have relevant experience in system design and architecture.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in designing, adapting and applying [power] electronic systems and electrical components.
- You have broad and thorough knowledge of the state-of-the-art electrical energy storage domains.
- You master systems engineering and requirements management methodologies.
- You have hands-on expertise in creating system architectures for power electronic devices, HW electronics and prototypes and understanding PCB layouts.
- You have a solution-oriented mentality and stand out for your creativity. You can translate the devised solutions into feasible project proposal realization.
- Experience in product design is a plus.
- You have a customer-oriented attitude and can translate the customer needs into innovative HW design architectures
- You are able to identify customer requirements and convert them into project proposals.
- You speak and write Dutch and English fluently, knowledge of French is a plus.
- Optimal homeworking for non-workplace functions during COVID19.
- The unit is located in Genk. Part-time working from home, our headoffice in Mol, or working from a satellite office in Antwerp-Berchem, Ghent or Ostend is possible. Occasional travel as required.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits, including allowances, insurance and a modular package of vacation days.
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise
- The chance to be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level