Geen Nederlandse vacaturetekst beschikbaar aangezien kennis van het Engels vereist is voor deze positie.
VITO/EnergyVille’s ‘Energy Markets’ team is specialized in the electricity and multi-carrier market design, modelling and regulation. The team’s expertise covers a broad range of topics: from conceptual design of electricity and reserve markets to modelling of different electricity systems and markets (including networks and market participant’s behaviour) and regulation. Specific applications are the integration of flexibility from the distribution system, tariff design, TSO-DSO-customer coordination, market-based sector integration, decentralized market forms such as peer-to-peer or energy communities, innovative flexibility service and product design.
The team also maintains, utilizes and further improves our in-house developed state-of-the-art energy market and system models. These models are developed in Python and Julia across different applied research projects. The models are used internally and in assignments for external clients.
- In the team of ‘Energy Markets’ you are the key expert on energy market and system modelling.
- You coordinate the expansion of the in-house developed energy market and system models and keep an overview of development priorities. Together with the management, knowledge domain responsible and business responsible, you define priorities and strategic development plan for the modelling tools.
- You manage the development of the electricity market-clearing model across different projects.
- You actively develop the in-house energy market and system models yourself.
- You supervise colleagues in tasks related to the electricity market and system model development.
- You communicate research and project results in high-quality reports, scientific papers and presentations.
- You actively extend your network to expand the team’s portfolio of knowledge-intensive consultancy projects within your area of expertise.
- You hold a master degree in Engineering, Economics, or a related study. Holding a PhD-degree is a bonus.
- You have at least 5 years of experience within the energy sector and want to further study energy markets, energy systems and the changes within these fields. You have a proven (scientific) record on the topic.
- You have factual knowledge on how today’s electricity and reserve markets are designed in Belgium and the EU.
- You have experience with building and running electricity market-clearing models (similar to European electricity markets).
- You are proficient in Python programming language and use principles from object-oriented programming. You have a strong affinity for software development.
- You have experience in managing projects, preferably related to the electricity market development.
In addition, having (some of) the following qualifications (in order of importance) are considered to give you a competitive edge:
- You have proven experience in software version management and scrum techniques.
- You have excellent optimization skills or are familiar with game theory.
- You are proficient in Julia programming language.
- You are fluent in Dutch or French.
- You have experience in writing tenders or research project proposals.
- You are familiar with market-based integration of distribution system flexibility.
- You are familiar with modelling market participant behaviour.
- A competitive salary
- A range of benefits including allowances, insurances, adjustable holiday package
- Flexible working hours and workplace
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise
- The chance to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level