Imec’s PV research teams are internationally recognized, thanks to its experts and world-class technology labs. Swiftly growing deployment of renewable energy sources, like photovoltaics requires next generation thin film PV processes. You will work in the Energy Laboratory of imec in Genk (EnergyVille) in the Alternative thin film-PV team of the imec department ‘imomec’ (associated imec laboratory at Hasselt University). State-of-the-art equipment for PV processing is present in these new laboratories. After a training, you will independently carry out experiments defined by the scientists in the team. Accuracy and quality of the processing is crucial. Also, the use of common sense in order to check whether processes and process equipment are working correctly is important. A good team spirit to achieve together the global goal of the ATFPV program is required. You will support the researchers in their efforts to achieve internationally recognized record results.
Therefore, we need you.
As a process assistant you will be closely working with senior researchers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing of all steps for a complete solar cell
- Development and monitoring of the process steps
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of the process steps
- Ordering and maintaining stock material (substrates, chemicals, etc.) for solar cell processing
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or equivalent by experience
- You are a precise, methodical and detail-oriented person
- You are flexible enough to help the development of new process steps for the ATFPV processing
- You possess good communication skills; you enjoy working in a team and you want to process quality
- You have a drivers’ license B and are prepared to work up to a few days per month in Eindhoven and/or Leuven
- You have a good command of English.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centres on its latest campus in Genk, EnergyVille and be part of the energy transition. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.