Under the EnergyVille collaboration, imec is working with Belgian research partners KU Leuven, VITO, UHasselt in the fields of sustainable energy and intelligent energy systems. Since the 1980s, imec has built a leading position in Photovoltaics (PV) with important developments in the fields of industrial solar cells, modules, and systems. Today, imec is focusing on developing next-generation PV technologies which convert sunlight more efficiently, require less resources to manufacture, and which can be tailored for various applications (rooftops, buildings, transport, agriculture, etc.).
- As a junior process engineer for the metallization and interconnection of advanced solar cells you will be part of imec’s PV cell and module team (PVCM). Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and optimizing advanced screen-printing metallization for various types of large area solar cells (TOPCon, Heterojunction, perovskite/Si tandem, etc.).
- Designing and testing advanced screens for metrology and solar cell devices.
- Evaluating and characterizing in detail the latest generations of screen-printing pastes.
- Developing and documenting new processes for screen-printing, alignment, sintering, etc.
- Supporting the development of next-generation interconnection technologies (multi-busbars, busbarless, shingling, etc.).
- Training new users and sharing your knowledge internally across various teams.
- Growing into to the main person responsible the screen-printing metallization at imec.
- You have a master’s in science or engineering and display strong engineering skills and mindset. Degrees in materials science or electrical/energy engineering are a strong plus.
- You have 1-3 years’ experience in processing large area solar cells and/or PV module interconnection technologies.
- You are curious, enjoy performing hands-on experiments, and are able to deal with changes.
- You are a precise, methodical and detail-oriented person, and enjoy working in a team.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication and reporting skills.
We offer you a permanent position at our new state-of-the-art energy research facilities located on the Thor Park EnergyVille campus in Genk, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes an important contribution to a future fueled by clean and sustainable energy. Together with our partners in EnergyVille, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.