The toolbox has three main features:
- provide a risk-based assessment taking into account the different sources of uncertainties (in particular intermittent power generation), the probabilities of contingencies and the possible failures of corrective actions;
- perform accurate security assessment taking into account the dynamics of the system using time-domain simulations;
- provide operators with relevant proposals of preventive and curative actions to keep the system in a secure state.
The toolbox will allow TSOs to address network simulations of their own system, of coordinated regional systems or of the whole Pan-European system.
- iTesla library of power system components and software for model validation (in Modelica), available via Github
- iTesla RaPId toolbox for power system model validation and calibration, available via Github
iTesla is a collaborative R&D project co-funded by the EC 7th Framework Programme. Coordinated by RTE, it gathers 6 TSOs (Belgium, France, Greece, Norway, Portugal and Great Britain), a coordination center (CORESO) and a pool of 13 universities and R&D providers. The total budget is 19.4 M€ with 13.2 M€ financing by the EC. The project, started in 2012, will be completed in December 2015.