In this information session you will receive a hands-on plan on how to get an EPD for your building product conform the Belgian EPD programme, and how to gain visibility of its sustainability assets.
The EPD's have become an interesting device to get insight into the environmental impact of the production process en the life cycle of a building material. Furthermore, in the future EPDs will have to uploaded in a tool for architects, developers and producers to evaluate the environmental performance of buildings and building elements (TOTEM tool). Every public procurement for public buildings will have to be assessed in TOTEM.
This way sustainability becomes a new competitive advantage to be taken into account by producers of building materials. The B-EPD support programme is available for the KMO-portefeuille. More information will be given during the session.
- 10u00: Welcome
- 10u30: Background info session - VITO
- Introduction Belgian EPD programme B-EPD - Federal Public Service Environment– Dieter De Lathauwer
- Guidelines B-EPD set-up - VITO
- Integration specific B-EPD’s in TOTEM - VITO
- Goal and applications of B-EPD’s: testimonials from the industry
- Practical info B-EPD support programme - VITO
Participation is free of charge, however registration is necessary!
The presentations will be given in English.
MORE INFO? EPD@VITO.BE