Sustainably constructed and renovated buildings are becoming more and more important. Making the right choices is however, not always evident. Starting from the BREEAM sustainability label, we guide you through the most important areas of concern. By means of a hands-on approach and a guided tour through the EnergyVille research facilities, the aim is to support you in making the right sustainable choices. Not only choices on sustainable energy management, materials, mobility, waste management, etc. will be covered.
During this event both architects, advisors and project coordinators take the stage and share their experiences in sustainable construction.
- 9.30 Reception
- 10.05 Welcome by Gerrit Jan Schaeffer general director at Solar Energy, former director Energy at VITO
- 10.20 EnergyVille: Advanced Sustainability in High-Tech Research Centre
by Birgit Vandevelde, researcher and engineer-architect at EnergyVille/VITO
- 11.00 Sustainable construction: step by step
by Dries Haesendonck, BREEAM advising engineer at Daidalos
- 11.30 Sustainable construction through the eyes of the architect
by André Kempe, architect at Atelier Kempe Thill
- 12.00 Lunch
- 13.00 Best practices: difference between a regular construction site and a BREEAM construction site
by Frédérique Demeer, project manager division new construction at KU Leuven
- 13.45 The role of buildings in the energy system of the future
by Han Vandevyvere, researcher and engineer-architect at EnergyVille/VITO
- 14.35 Coffee Break
- 15.20 Guided tour through the EnergyVille research facilities
This event aims to support and stimulate the building sector in shaping the theme of 'sustainable construction'. The event primarily focuses on architects, building professionals, local governments, construction federations, etc. Please note this event will be held in Dutch.
The event is free of charge but registration is mandatory.
Cancellation policy: Should you be unable to attend the event, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge.
Not able to attend or find a substitute? Please make sure to send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days before the start of the event. We hope you understand that without notice, a no-show fee of 50 euros will be charged. Thanks for understanding.
Please note the event will be held in Dutch.