EnergyVille is a collaboration between the Belgian research partners KU Leuven, VITO, imec and UHasselt in the fields of sustainable energy and intelligent energy systems.
For EnergyVille, VITO is looking for a driven Software Developer for Azure solutions/ IOT specialist to strengthen the research group Algorithms, Models, and Optimization (AMO). Our researchers and developers focus on discovering, leveraging, and valorizing flexibility in energy supply and demand as a key to increasing the use of renewable energy sources. They develop and implement advanced, data- and model-driven control algorithms and software systems for energy devices, energy management systems, and energy markets. More information: www.energyville.be
Interested to contribute? Read on!
- You contribute actively to the team with your software development expertise, IT administration skills, and overall resourcefulness.
- You interface with researchers in the domain of electrical grids, electrical storage, thermal energy systems, energy markets, e-mobility, etc., and provide performant and practical algorithmic solutions for their challenges.
- You advise and participate in the development of (IoT) solutions for research, deployment in field trials and valorization.
- You support the development and implementation of specialized software from inception/prototype stage up to production grade.
- You take responsibility for software quality and availability, data engineering, and porting of research applications to PaaS cloud and/or on-premise solutions together with infrastructure engineer(s).
- You continuously learn and improve your skills in software development and IT and are open to learn more on the neighboring energy domains. You actively explore novel technologies and frameworks.
- You work as part of the team as well as independently, you share your expertise and proactively advise on methods and components.
More info: https://vito.be/en/jobs/feedjobs-30360
- Preferably a master in computer sciences or engineering, minimum a bachelor with IT specialization, with substantial work experience in professional software development.
- Experience in programming languages Python and C#, as well as a good knowledge and overview of the Python and .NET packages.
- Proficient in team based software development processes (e.g. agile/scrum) and version control/testing/deployment tools (e.g., Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Azure DevOps).
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure services with focus on IoT (IoT Hub, Azure IoT Edge, Microsoft Data Lake and Storage accounts), Streaming Analytics, and App services. Microsoft Certifications is an advantage.
- Knowledge of database design, preferably MS SQL and PostgreSQL
Pragmatic with an eye for detail and quality, open minded, solution-oriented, sense of initiative.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.