The Built Environment Team of VITO / EnergyVille asses the environmental impact of building materials and of energy technologies. We conduct research in the field of LCA of innovative products and processes and advise industry and governments on innovative solutions and alternative production methods. We are currently looking for an experienced Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) researcher to join our team.
In this position you will work as a researcher in funded research projects (e.g. HEUROPE) and scientific work for governments or industry.
You asses environmental impacts and help in the analysis of the financial-economic impact of energy technologies, in particular batteries, solar cells, HVAC systems.
You ensure innovation in the field through further development and improvement of LCA/LCC methodologies, scenario analysis, digitalization , data processing techniques.
You want to make a concrete contribution to science and sustainability through innovation trajectories in which new solutions are developed on the basis of your research, and subsequently tested and brought to the market.
You are responsible for cooperation within national and European research consortia and you expand your network with Belgian and European governments and industrial partners.
You also contribute to acquiring new research projects and to writing research proposals.
- You have a Master's degree in a relevant domain (engineering, environmental science, computer science etc.). A PhD and experience with scientific publishing are a plus.
- You have at least 2 years of proven work experience in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and (possibly) experience with the analysis of sustainable energy technologies such as batteries and solar cells.
- You have experience with programming (e.g. Python), with advanced LCA software (in particular Brightway, Activity Brower, ...) and with data processing.
- Experience with ex-ante / prospective LCA and with Life Cycle Costing or Techno-Economic Assessment is an asset.
- You have a passion for innovation and research. You want to share your knowledge, acquire new knowledge, expand your network and get the best out of yourself and your colleagues.
- You are adept at writing clear, comprehensible reports.
- You are a flexible and result-oriented team player but also able to work autonomously.
- Knowledge of Dutch is an added value but not required.
- A competitive salary
- A range of benefits including allowances, insurances, adjustable holiday package
- Flexible working hours and workplace
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise
- The chance to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level