R&D & Engineering
The “Built Environment” team at VITO/EnergyVille is facilitating the transition within the built environment by means of a specific focus on energy solutions at building and district level.
- You will work on research projects relating to energy performance of buildings and districts.
- You will be involved in the development of algorithms, data-driven applications, models, and tools for evaluating energy efficiency and renewable energy generation at building and district level.
- Working under the supervision of experienced colleagues, you will be responsible for advising businesses and authorities in these fields.
- In this role, you will also contribute towards the acquisition of projects and writing research proposals for the purpose of securing future research funding.
- You will ensure collaboration in national and international consortia and build a network with relevant stakeholders and clients within Belgium and internationally.
- You hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as engineering sciences.
- You have at least two years' demonstrable experience of working in the energy, construction or data science sectors.
- You have an interest in and affinity with scientific research.
- You have a thorough knowledge of programming (Matlab, Python), building calculation models, and statistical analysis (SPSS, R, etc.). Knowledge of data systems such as GIS and BIM are a plus.
- You have detailed knowledge of energy-related and structural aspects in relation to buildings.
- You are proactive and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- You find an effective balance between team-based collaboration and tackling tasks independently.
- You have good communication skills and you are fluent in written and spoken English.
- A competitive salary plus a range of benefits in addition to the statutory entitlements, including allowances, insurance, flexible holiday package
- Flexibility of working hours and apart from the Genk site, you can also work from home or remotely at our offices in Mol, Berchem, and Ghent
- Innovation is our key asset, and we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date with developments in their specialist field. In fact, we expect this of them
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- Together with 900 VITO colleagues, you will be part of making the difference in the systemic change that is required in order to achieve a sustainable society