We are looking for a consultant with strong research skills to reinforce the energy market team. As an expert on energy markets and networks, you will be involved in a number of projects with the goal of designing a low carbon energy system. You will be in charge of acquiring new projects and writing proposals. You will be responsible for management of a task within your expertise. Topics include, but are not limited to market design (from futures to day-ahead to real time markets), local energy communities, emerging roles and tasks in the energy sector, business models for integration of flexibility in the electricity networks, and disruptive technologies in the energy sector. In your work, you will often be considering viewpoints of different stakeholders, and take into account technical, economic and regulatory aspects of the problem. You will be based in VITO/EnergyVille in Thor Park Genk.
As an expert on energy markets and networks, you will
- Be involved as an expert on several international and national projects.
- Identify challenges of different stakeholders in the energy markets.
- Propose solutions to overcome the challenges faced by different stakeholders in the energy landscape.
- Advise the relevant stakeholders based on your research findings.
- Take the lead in writing offers to tenders and project proposals.
- Manage tasks and projects related to your area of expertise.
- Transfer your knowledge to more junior team members.
More info: https://vito.be/en/jobs/feedjobs-23461
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria.
- You hold a degree in Engineering or Economics. Holding a PhD degree is a bonus.
- You have at least 5 years of experience within energy sector and want to further study energy markets, energy systems and the changes within these fields.
- You have factual knowledge on how todays’ energy markets are designed and regulated in Belgium and in the EU.
- You easily grasp different ideas and know how to detect client needs and relate them to the research questions.
- You have experience in project management and contribute to successful organization and execution of tasks within a project.
- You are capable of detecting commercial opportunities to valorize your expertise.
- You like to act on an international platform and connect easily with other stakeholders.
- Linguistic requirements for this job: English and Dutch.