As an expert on energy markets and networks, you will identify the challenges in energy markets with increasing share of renewables; and create, investigate and implement potential new market concepts.
Research topics include a.o. market design (future to day-ahead to real time markets), local energy communities, emerging roles and tasks in the energy sector, business models for integration of flexibility in the electricity networks, and disruptive technologies in the energy sector.
In your work, you will often be considering viewpoints of different stakeholders, and take into account technical, economic and regulatory aspects of the problem.
You will also be involved and/or take the lead in writing proposals, project management, publications of (scientific) papers.
You want to take the opportunity to develop yourself as a leading expert in Design of Energy Markets, inspiring colleagues and PhD students.
More info: https://vito.be/en/jobs/feedjobs-23461
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- You hold a degree in Engineering or Economics, or similar. Holding a PhD degree is a bonus.
- You have at least 5 years of experience within energy sector.
- You have factual knowledge on how todays’ energy markets are designed and regulated in Belgium and in the EU.
- You easily grasp different ideas and know how to detect client needs and relate them to the research questions.
- Experience in project management is considered a bonus.
- You like to act on an international platform and connect easily with others.
- Linguistic requirements for this job: English (must) and Dutch (preferred).