We are looking for an excellent researcher with affinity for consultancy to reinforce the energy market team. You will be involved in several projects as the expert on the energy market design modelling. The markets in scope cover electricity markets: from electricity day-ahead markets to the reserve markets, and also gas markets and heat trade. You will model the markets in python and julia as optimisation problems, and also as games capturing market participant behaviour. You will be based in VITO/EnergyVille in Thor Park Genk.
As Expert Energy market modelling, you will
- Work within the energy market team on several different projects.
- Research new concepts for energy markets and products, and create new insights on innovative market design for all the involved stakeholders in the energy landscape.
- Write and analyse mathematical formulation of different (multi-carrier) energy market designs. The mathematical formulation could include modelling behaviour of market participants.
- Implement and solve the market design in python/Julia.
- Provide policy and strategy advise based on your research findings to the relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in writing (parts of) project proposals and offers to tenders.
- Manage defined tasks related to your area of expertise.
More info: https://vito.be/en/jobs/feedjobs-24520
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria.
- You hold a PhD degree in Engineering, Economics, or Applied Mathematics.
- You have at least 5 years of experience within energy sector and want to further study energy markets, energy systems and the changes within these fields.
- You have strong optimization skills.
- You are well acquainted with the concepts from game theory and agent based theory.
- You are able to code in Python and Julia.
- You have factual knowledge on how todays’ energy markets are designed and regulated in Belgium and in EU.
- You easily grasp different ideas and know how to detect research questions.
- You are capable of detecting commercial opportunities to valorize your expertise on energy markets.
- You like to act on an international platform and connect easily with other researchers.
- You are skilled at writing scientific papers and giving presentations, and have a proven record track of publications on the topics of energy markets.
- You have good communication and networking skills.
- Linguistic requirements for this job: English, knowledge of Dutch is a bonus.