Breaking news: we are planning an expansion of our activities in the field of 'building and construction innovation'
The 'Smart Energy & Built Environment' unit within VITO / EnergyVille facilitates the energy transition in the built environment, both through knowledge sharing and policy advice, as through technology development. We are expanding our activities in the field of Robotic applications for the building construction sector, encompassing in-situ construction works, and final assembly of prefabricated building components in production plants.
In collaboration with our partners, the research will focus on product innovation for high-energy performant buildings, particulary on innovative building envelope solutions (e.g. smart façades). The team focuses on the assembly of innovative subcomponents to components by integrating knowledge on building physics, building engineering, energy generation and storage (e.g. BIPV, PMCs), sensors and actuators,... The team does not focus on subcomponent material research as such.
Ready to contribute to our product innovation projects? Read on!
Some of your responsibilities:
- As a senior researcher you develop a vision for the research activities and discuss/define research questions based on a solid state-of-the-art overview.
- You develop a roadmap, in consultation with team members and EnergyVille partners, with a horizon of 5-10 years.
- You are the first point of contact (externally and internally) for the activity, ensure visibility of our activities and develop concrete collaborations.
- You are strongly involved in the acquisition of research resources and help build up a project portfolio around these research activities.
- You give direction to the implementation of the developments in line with the roadmap. You are involved in research projects but also coach/follow up on project teams and their activities more remotely.
- You obtained a PhD in applied sciences.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a relevant domain (energy, building physics, building technology / construction of buildings).
- You have experience with research programmes, both in terms of acquisition and project execution (e.g. VLAIO, HEU, Interreg,...).
- You have experience with applied technology development.
- You are a strong communicator who can motivate teams in realizing a joint ambition. You have excellent network competences.
- You express yourself fluently in English (oral and written), knowledge of Dutch is an added value.
- If you're tired of the frequent commute, you've come to the right place. We work 'activity based', our activities bring us to our location. Our EnergyVille office is in Genk, here we meet at least once a week. Part-time work from home, our headquarter in Mol, or working from a satellite office in Antwerp-Berchem, Ghent or Ostend is possible.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits including allowances, insurances, and a modular vacation package.
- Innovation is our asset, so it goes without saying that we offer our employees the opportunity to follow additional training courses and stay up to date in their field of expertise. You always get the opportunity to broaden your knowledge on for example the development of new construction products.
- You will be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy.
- With us, you will contribute directly to sustainable developments at local, national, and global level through your innovative applications. You provide an answer to today’s societal challenges.
- Moreover, at VITO we attach great importance to work-life balance. We do this by being flexible, depending on your specific needs.