EnergyVille is a collaboration between the Belgian research partners KU Leuven, VITO, imec and UHasselt in the fields of sustainable energy and intelligent energy systems.
For EnergyVille, VITO is looking for a driven Azure Software Architect/Developer to strengthen the research group Algorithms, Models, and Optimization (AMO). Our researchers and developers focus on discovering, leveraging, and valorizing flexibility in energy supply and demand as a key to increasing the use of renewable energy sources. They develop and implement advanced, data- and model-driven control algorithms and software systems for energy devices, energy management systems, and energy markets. More information: www.energyville.be
Interest to contribute? Read on!
- You work in a team of researchers advancing mathematical, model based, decentralized, and/or data driven techniques that enable a higher share of renewables and developing novel solutions for the practical challenges within the energy infrastructure. You contribute actively to the team with your software development and software architecture expertise and overall resourcefulness.
- You interface with researchers in the domains of electrical grids, electrical storage, thermal energy systems, energy markets, e-mobility, etc., and provide performant and practical solutions for their challenges.
- You interact with internal and external software development partners, and from your expertise are capable of challenging and negotiating the proposed solutions.
- You, together with your colleagues, coach and assist researchers in the definition of software requirements, software processes and work out solutions that comply with their needs.
- You translate requirements into a good software architecture, taking into account scalability, security, stability, flexibility, and cost.
- You explain, advice on and defend the defined solutions as well as long term strategies to team and project leaders, advisory board members, and upper management.
You aid in the development of PaaS and/or on-premise solutions together with software developers and infrastructure engineers.
- You interact with software architects and developers of other VITO departments to find synergies and possible joint efforts.
- In time you may take on a technical coordinating role.
More info: https://vito.be/en/jobs/feedjobs-30340
- You hold a Master’s degree in computer science or data science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or a relevant similar education; or a Bachelor’s degree in combination with 5- 10 years work experience in professional software development and a minimum of 2 years in (Azure) software architecture.
- Proven experience in setting up and deployment of Azure cloud solutions.
Good knowledge of and experience with the main Azure services and concepts.
- Experience in programming languages Python and C#, as well as a good knowledge and overview of the Python and .NET packages.
- Proficient with team based software development processes (e.g. agile/scrum) and version control/testing/deployment tools (e.g., Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Azure DevOps).
- Knowledge of database design and performance optimization.
- Knowledge of cost structure of cloud services and able to translate this into budget proposals.
- Knowledge on Security by design, data protection, and GDPR aspects
- Microsoft Certifications is an advantage.
- Pragmatic with an eye for detail and quality
- You are prepared to follow Microsoft Certifications trajectories and obtain the necessary certificates.
- You continuously learn and improve your skills in software development, software architecture and IT and are open to learn more on the neighboring energy domains. You actively explore novel technologies and frameworks.
- You work as part of the team as well as independently, you share your expertise and proactively advise on methods and components.
- Open minded, solution-oriented, sense of initiative
- A strong interest in sustainable energy, the energy system, and energy transition related topics is a plus.
- You communicate smoothly with technical and non-technical people in English, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Data science and machine learning is a plus